Yes I know they didnt win the Cold War (debatable)
Today marks the beginning of a new series I’ll be working on every Friday entitled: Friday Afternoon Ghost Stories. Its going to be a weekly installment of my experiences in assorted survival-horror games. Enjoy!
This weeks installment:
The Secret World
I wrote the review of this game a little while ago so scroll down check it out and see if you want to try it out. It is worth the 5 minutes it will take you to sign up, that is for sure.
If you get into the game and like it hit me up inside! Healbrew is my name, you should be able to get me from any server but my home server is Leviathan…don’t worry I am not really an RP’r.
I hope you’re as ready as I am, prepare to die edition is coming to PC August 24th and I’m not sure my body will be able to contain the anger this game is going to ensue and I can’t promise my mouse will survive.
Prepare to Die edition will include:
New Bosses – Including Black Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, and more
PVP Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for co-op or PVP
New Areas – Including Oolacile Township, Oolacile Sanctuary, Royal Wood and more
New Enemies – Including Wooden Scarecrows, Chained Prisoner, Stone Knight and more
New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough, Elizabeth (keeper of the sanctuary) and more
New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
Once again this will be released August 24th, but PS3 and XBOX users will be able to download Artorias of The Abyss DLC which will be out later on in the Winter so make sure you have another controller on hand for the imminent destruction.
The Mid-Week Madness
Dead Space 1 and 2 75% off on Steam
Are you ready to not sleep for awhile?
The two games are both normally 20$. If you can’t do the money math like me because you are not Jewish, that is both games for 9.98$. If you ask me both games are worth the 20$ bucks, so that means they are a steal right now.
I hope you guys are ready for the one, the only Black Dynamite as he collects all the trash in the streets of Tyria and disposes of them with Black justice!
Full article Guild Wars something Silly :O
The Secret World
The Secret World or TSW is the new action packed modern based MMO that came out about a month ago. The best time to discuss a MMO is a month after its launch, due to the usual first month that comes with the purchase of the game. Questions to ask after that month. Does it get people to subscribe? Did the bugs at launch get dealt with to some extent? Is there new content planned? What do you hear from other players?
The answer to the first one is far from easy to answer. Funcom is notorious for not releasing its data for subscribers. I have checked some estimates and it was released on steam which leads me to believe that a number of players will pick it up. So, as of now I am estimating a good amount of players have resubbed. Not wow subs or anything but enough for a small niche market game such as it is.
The next two questions are much easier to answer. Funcom has initially said they would attempt to do monthly updates to the game. In fact they have already made good on this promise and had an update that brought in 7 new missions and a new nightmare (hardmode) dungeon. The update also fixed a number of minor bugs and updated some initial issues. So check and check.
The last question is the hardest to answer. I believe a lot of the players are using the game as a bridge to GW2 and waiting for it to come out. I actually hear a lot of that and it scares me for the games future. I also hear the usual WoW fan boys who bought the game and still talk shit about how it isn’t WoW…so i am not sure on them. Then a large amount of the population enjoy the story lines, the intensely hard quests and the challenging instances. So, this is kind of a wash. Not sure what to believe till I see the release of Guild Wars 2.
The reasons why this game doesn’t suck are very easy
1. There is no need for you to reroll multiple characters to get the different classes. There aren’t any classes. In fact it is possible to have every skill and ability in the game on a single character.
2. Three factions. In my opinion one of the most important parts of a successful PvP game is to have three factions or purely open world combat. Dark ages of Camelot (three faction) and Shadowbane (purely open world) are two such examples of hugely fun PvP games.
3. Fantastic cut scenes and voice acting. This one is easier to see if you just play.
4. Dark. This game is not for kids. In fact if I had a child I would keep them real far away from it. This isn’t WoW or Rift. This is a really dark and messed up world you are playing in.
5. Dungeons are extremely challenging. The dungeons in this game are intense and interesting and have a vivid story line. Something that seems to be lacking in a large amount of the MMOs who seem to be dumbing it down more and more.
Problems that I hope to see fixed
1. Killing a player in the persistent PvP map has no purpose. In fact it is much more valuable to just avoid combat and complete the two other quests.
2. Low level Battlegrounds have no one in them. The two non persistent PvP maps never launch because not enough people want to play them because there are no brackets until the top “level.” So, low quality geared players will get stomped by higher quality players.
3. Interactions are minimal. Nearly the entire game other than dungeons and PvP is soloable. So, you have no need for other players until you want to do these.
So, my recommendation is to try it out. This game definitely isn’t for everyone. Yet, it has an appeal that can seriously only be measured by trying it out.